How to Heal Self-Blame with Self-Forgiveness using Ho'oponopono Meditation
If you are anything like me, you are quick to blame yourself for any of the below reasons:
- You have not achieved some level or expectation.
- You tried to better yourself and you "failed."
- You made a mistake (unintentional) or had an accident (I call this, “You Did a human” AKA Making a human mistake)
- Especially for you, if you have OCD; You have “bad” thoughts, intrusive thoughts, thoughts you deem "unacceptable."
- You feel like you are a BAD person who doesn't EVER deserve to be forgiven.
- You are attempting to work through your mental health issues.
- You struggle to do exposures or follow some treatment goal.
- You experience self-disgust (for having pimples, cellulite, intrusive thoughts etc.
My main message in this podcast is this:
HUMANS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PERFECT!
HUMANS ARE ALWAYS AND FOREVER GOING TO MAKE MISTAKES!
This podcast details a practice called Ho’oponopono. Ho-oponopon is a spiritual practice of harmony between people, nature and spirit that has been used in Hawaiian and other Polynesian cultures for centuries. Ho’oponopono Key Concept: We can heal our own wounds and then we can then go out and heal our world.
Ho'oponopono Meditation Foundation:
Please forgive me.
I love you.
Here are some ridiculous reason to not practice Self-Forgiveness:
- You only deserve Self-Forgiveness after you make the world better (giving service to others).
- If you forgive myself, you will stop caring and let yourself go and become and even worse person.
- Once you are perfect, then you can forgive yourself.
- If you blame myself first, it will hurt less if someone else blames you or notices your imperfections.
Please do not let these reason stop you from freeing yourself from Self-Blame. Give it a try and see if it works for you! I found it to be a very powerful practice. Have a great week!